Sunday, October 25, 2009

All good things must come to an end...

Last night we played the last soccer game of the Fall 2009 season. It is always bittersweet at the end of the season, you see these boys and parents 3 times a week for 10 weeks but this year I was ready for it to be over. It got cold really early this season and I was tired of sitting in the cold at practice until 8 o'clock two nights a week. But we are looking forward to spring soccer and hopefully we will be able to play with some of the other boys from our team. To be honest I don't know how many games we won or lost. It isn't about that to me, we did win some, I think we may have won more than lost. The most important thing to me is the boys have fun, make new friends, learn good sportsmanship and the importance of making a commitment to a team and sticking it out. Last night before the game we had a little "party" to give the boys their team gift. This year we pick trophies, You should have seen their faces! They are winners no matter what the final score was and they have the trophies to prove it!!!



The Blue Jets 2009
Coach Leon giving Dylan his trophy, He got the longest shot award for kicking a goal from the farthest distance...goes right along with the big foot award he got last year!

Coach Leon and his wife Coach Jennie are amazing people, I hope they are able to coach our team next year.

Dylan and his trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment