Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veteran's Day


Today has taken on new meaning to me over the last 12 years. It is a day to thank some and remember others, a day to reflect on the lives lived in service and the lives lost defending freedom. I get very emotional thinking about it, even though it has been almost 4 years since Chad got home from deployment to Iraq, the feelings and emotions are still very raw and barely beneath the surface. That 18 months was the most difficult thing I have had to go through in my adult life. The guys deploying to Iraq affected everyone I knew, I had my husband, two brothers in law, my cousin, our very good friend Rob and many more of our Military friends deploy all at the same time. Dylan had just had his 2nd birthday when Chad left, I will never forget the night he left our home. His friend Dean came to pick him up so we could spend every last minute together before he had to report. They got in the car and drove off, I stood in the drive way watching them leave I can't even begin to describe the feelings I was feeling, I had no idea what the future would hold for me and my family. I thank God every day that Chad and all our loved ones came home safe. On Veteran's day be sure to remember the fallen soldiers and the men and women that don't come home, the ones that are still other there fighting and the families of all soldiers past and present. Remember to thank the soldier you know for their selfless sacrifice and service to our Country!

God Bless America!!

1 comment:

  1. Just got caught up on all your blogs. So nice to read about you all. XOXO
    Jess

    ReplyDelete