Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Our house...
It reminds me of that song, Our House. You know the one, Our House is a very, very, very fine house with two cats in the yard. I was thinking about that today as I was waiting for Cameron to finish using the potty, charming, I know but it is my life. I was standing there thinking about the walls of my house. Chad and I have lived in this house for 10 years in February. It is a small house compared to most built in the area now days but it seemed so big compared to our one bedroom apartment. This is the first and only house we have ever owned and even though it seems to get smaller every year the thoughts of leaving this house nearly send me to tears. We love the area, close to the city but still small town, walking distance to schools and a short commute for Chad. When the walls are closing in and we are bumping into each other as the boys are running around, I think all the time of trading it in for a newer, bigger house and then I think of the saying if these walls could talk. If these walls could talk they would tell the story of a young newlywed couple just starting out and buying their very first house, a very scary but exciting experience. We lived here for 2 years before we brought Dylan home to this house. It would tell the story of inexperienced parents trying to figure out how to get their newborn son to stop crying and how to get him to sleep. It would tell of the joy of you, me and baby makes three..a family. It would tell of the heart break of a husband leaving for war and the struggles back home. Stories of a beautiful reunion and the excited announcement of a new baby, preschool days and sleepless pregnancy nights. If these walls could talk they would tell you the story of how our family became complete with the addition of Cameron, another son and a brother. They would tell you of potty training, tantrums, bedtime stories, laughing with friends, family movies,hugs, kisses, lazy days, gathering around the table for dinner, brotherhood, and love after all these years. It may not be fancy or big but it is our home, the only home our boys have known. A place to fall and a place to be safe no matter what and that will always beat out square footage and fancy faucets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























OK so the only thing that I took from that entire post was that Cameron was on the potty!! Woo Hoo for progress! :D
ReplyDelete