Thursday, February 18, 2010

Takes the Cake!

I have recently started taking a cake decorating class and I am LOVING it! I never thought I would like it this much. I have always thought it would be cool to learn to do but the very few cakes I had tried to make for the boys have always ended in disaster. I was always too stressed to enjoy it. I am a long way from "professional" but I am excited about something new, and that was one of my "new year resolutions", to learn something new. I am borrowing a Kitchen Aide mixer from my sister-in-law but am certain I will need one of my own. I am embarrassed to admit that I only now realize how AMAZING they are! I thought I would share a picture of my first attempt at cake decorating.



Tools of the Trade



Ta-Da!!!




It's not to fancy, I had to hurry to finish before class ended, but I am light years ahead of where I was a week or so ago! I can't wait to start making cakes for birthdays! Good thing Chad's birthday is in March! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment